AMC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AMC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page on our website. We shall send an e mail to all on our database if we do change this policy.
Who controls the data?
The data controller is the Chair of the Trust, Jim Hines. He may be contacted at the Centre: Abingdon Music Centre, Music Building, Larkmead School, Faringdon Road, Abingdon, OX14 1RF or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we collect the data; the legal basis
We have a legitimate interest in your data in order to provide you with access to our activities and to organise those activities properly. We also need to hold data in case we need to contact you in an emergency.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
* Name and title, gender.
* Contact information including email address, street address, telephone and mobile numbers.
* Demographic information such as postcode.
* Enrolment information: classes, workshops and other musical activities.
* For children (under the age of 18) we collect name, gender, date of birth, and link to an adult (you). We do not offer any activities directly to children and the information will always be provided by you.
* We also ask you to provide an emergency contact comprising a name and phone number. We expect and assume that the information is given with the permission of the contact.
* For employees we shall also collect information required to pay you and fulfil our obligations to HMRC.
We retain data on children for 5 years after they leave classes; this includes data on you as their parents. This is to enable us to contact you with information on subsequent classes or workshops relevant to them as they grow older. We retain data on adults for one year after you leave classes; this is to enable re-enrolment if you have withdrawn from a class temporarily. For staff no longer working with us we keep records as long as required to satisfy HMRC requirements and, to enable us to offer work in the future we will keep contact details on record indefinitely.
What we do with the information we gather?
* We require this information to administer the Centre and to organise classes, gather fees and provide the best experience of music offered.
* We may use the information to provide or improve our music activities.
* We may send you newsletters or other information such as updates to class availability and activities which we can reasonably expect you to find of interest from time to time using the email address which you have provided.
* On occasions we may contact you by phone or mail to your street address where the matter in hand is time sensitive and email is not available.
Who has access to your data?
* AMC Administrators act as data processors and use the data to compile lists and perform other tasks to ensure the Centre functions.
* Group leaders and teachers have access to class lists and contact details.
Sharing Your personal information
* We will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
* We may share information with Larkmead School where required by their safeguarding policy. This particularly applies to classes which take place at Larkmead during the school day. Information will normally be limited to names and class enrolment details and may include photo i/d. Where circumstances require that we share your contact details then we shall inform you on each occasion.
* Some of our courses are run in conjunction with Oxfordshire Adult Learning through Abingdon and Witney College and in those circumstances, you may be asked to complete forms issued by them. We do not retain these forms and any information you give will be subject to their privacy policies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling and maintaining your personal information
You may choose to allow the collection or use of your personal information for AMC publicity and marketing to others:
* Whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you agree to allow us to use photos, video and sound recordings for our own publicity and marketing.
* If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for publicity and marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
Your rights in relation to the data we hold
1. Right to access your data. You can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This will all have been provided by you when you enrolled. There is no charge for this. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact the AMC office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at Abingdon Music Centre, Music Building, Larkmead School, Faringdon Road, Abingdon, OX14 1RF.
2. Right to have the data we hold corrected. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
3. Right to erasure of your data. We hold data in order to run the Centre and we cannot erase your data as long as you are using our services. When you leave our classes we shall normally hold your data so that we can contact you with information which we consider useful to you. If you do not wish to be contacted then we shall erase your data.
4. Right to restrict processing. In some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data. Further details may be obtained by contacting the Centre.
5. Rights in regard to automated decision-making using the data we hold. We do not do any automated decision-making.
6. Right to object. If you have any objection to us holding and processing your data please contact us at the Centre and we shall do our best to meet your objections. If you wish to complain further then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephoning the helpline on 0303 123 1113.
JNH May 2018 v2 Reviewed February 2020 and approved by Trustees